For searching, put in the NACE code or the searched word.
8730 - Residential care activities for the elderly and disabledDefinition / Belongs to this divisionThis sector includes residential and personal care services for the elderly and disabled who are unable to provide full self-sufficiency and / or do not wish to live independently. Care usually includes the provision of accommodation, care, supervision and assistance with daily life as well as household services. In some cases, a special unit for inpatients is also set up within the institution to provide specialist care.
This division includes:
- institutional care for the mentally handicapped, the visually, hearing and the disabled
- accommodation in retirement homes providing continuous care
- accommodation in a nursing home with minimal care
- accommodation without care in a nursing home
It does not belong to this sectorThis division excludes:
- care in a nursing home, see 8710
- social work with accommodation, where medical treatment or education are not determining factors, see 8790