For searching, put in the NACE code or the searched word.
8790 - Other residential care activitiesDefinition / Belongs to this divisionThis sector includes residential and personal care services for the elderly and the disabled who are unable to provide full self-sufficiency and / or do not wish to live independently.
This division includes:
- round-the-clock social assistance for children and persons with some degree of self-sufficiency, including special children's homes, but where medical care and education are not a determining factor:
- in orphanages
- in children's home and accommodation for children
- in temporary homeless shelters
- in institutions caring for unwed mothers and their children
These activities can be carried out by governmental or private organizations.
also belongs to this sectorThis division also includes:
- care for people with social and personal problems
- temporary accommodation of criminals
- a special children's home for minors
It does not belong to this sectorThis division excludes:
- financing and implementation of compulsory social security schemes, see 8430
- nursing activities, see 8710
- residential care for the elderly and disabled, see 8730
- activities related to adoption, see 8899
- short-term shelter for victims of disasters, see 8899