For searching, put in the NACE code or the searched word.
3822 - Treatment and disposal of hazardous wasteDefinition / Belongs to this divisionThis division includes the treatment and disposal of solid and non-solid hazardous wastes that are hazardous to human health and the environment, e.g. the treatment and disposal of waste containing explosives, oxidizing, flammable, toxic, irritating, dangerous, carcinogenic, corrosive, infectious or similar substances or preparations.
This division includes:
- operation of hazardous waste treatment facilities
- treatment and disposal of toxic live or dead animals and other contaminated waste
- incineration of hazardous waste
- disposal of used products, e.g. for harmful substances from refrigerators
- treatment, disposal and storage of radioactive waste, such as
- treatment and disposal of temporary radioactive waste leaving hospitals (eg during their transport)
- packaging, preparation and other treatments required for the storage of radioactive waste
It does not belong to this sectorThis division excludes:
- reprocessing of nuclear fuels, see 2013
- incineration of non-hazardous waste, see 3821
- decontamination, cleaning and reduction of soil, water resources, see 3900