For searching, put in the NACE code or the searched word.
3600 - Water production, treatment and supplyDefinition / Belongs to this divisionThis division includes water abstraction, treatment and distribution of water for industrial and domestic purposes. It also includes water abstraction from different sources and distribution by different means.
This division includes:
- abstraction from rivers, lakes, wells, etc.
- collection of rainwater for water supply (eg in open and closed sewers)
- water purification for water supply
- water treatment for industrial and other purposes
- water production to ensure basic living conditions by desalination from groundwater or seawater
- water distribution by pipelines, wagons and other devices
- operation of irrigation channels
also belongs to this sectorThis division also includes the operation of irrigation canals; but irrigation services for agriculture through irrigation equipment and other similar agricultural services are not included in this sector.
It does not belong to this sectorThis division excludes:
- operation of irrigation systems for agricultural purposes, see 0161
- waste water treatment to prevent contamination, see 3700
- water transport via pipelines (long distance), see 4950
It does not belong to this branch - Hungarian supplementThis division excludes - Hungarian supplement:
- collection of rainwater as waste water (eg in open and closed sewers), see 3700