For searching, put in the NACE code or the searched word.
0311 - Sea fishingDefinition / Belongs to this divisionThis division includes:
- commercial oceanic coastal fishing activities
- fishing for shellfish and molluscs
- fishing for aquatic animals: turtle, sea hose, bagpipes, sea urchins, etc.
also belongs to this sectorThis division also includes:
- fish processing and preservation activities, where these activities take place on the same vessel as the fishing activity
- collection of other marine organisms and products: natural pearls, sea sponges, coral, algae
It does not belong to this sector This division excludes:
- hunting of marine mammals (eg walruses, seals), excluding whaling, see 0170
- processing of whales on board of a vessel separate from fishing, see 1011
- processing of fish, shellfish, molluscs when this activity is not carried out on the same vessel as the fishing activity or on land, see 1020
- hire of vessels with crew for leisure activities (eg cruises), see 5010
- activities of the fishing port coastguard, see 8424
- sporting or recreational fishing activities and related services, see 9319
- operation of exclusively sport and fishing areas, see 9319